Adult Women Counseling
Are you ready for a lasting, emotional healing that will lead to the restoration of your heart and spiritual growth? Whether you are brand new to the counseling process or returning to therapy, I am glad you are here! Negative life experiences can leave you feeling anxious, worn out, confused, and even helpless. Women specifically, often over-extend themselves and forget to care of their own well-being. I would like to offer permission and encouragement for you to attend counseling. Learning ways to live more healthily, understanding who God made you to be, and healing the root causes of your distress is invaluable.
I have been on the other side of this journey towards emotional healing. Was it hard? Yes! But I can honestly say it was the best decision I have ever made for my health and well-being. In both my professional and personal life, my greatest desire—my passion—is to help people experience lasting healing. I can help you learn to live from a place of delight and joy and enter into your story in a safe way.
A major area of interest for my practice is the integration of psychology and Christianity in a way that evokes change and growth; (check out my Christian Counseling style to learn more). Not a Christian? Don’t worry! I work and help promote the wellness of people from all walks of life. My goal is to help you, not to impose my personal perspectives and beliefs.
Here is a list of common concerns I counsel among women:
- Perfectionism (feeling the need to be perfect or things around you must be perfect)
- Chronic niceness and difficulty saying “no”
- Obsessions/compulsive thoughts and behaviors
- Low self-esteem
- Feelings of loneliness and isolation
- Suicidal thinking
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress
- Shame and guilt
- Vulnerability issues
- Questioning God’s existence, rationale, or your own spiritual growth
- Marital, family, and social relationship dysfunction
- Boundary setting issues
- Parenting and stay-at-home mom isolation
- Life transitions such as job changes, “empty nest,” and relationship changes
If you are reading this, today is the perfect day to begin the counseling journey. Take this first step by contacting me to see if I would be a good fit for you. It would be an honor to walk on this path with you.